Job description: Do everything!

Hey everyone,

It is time for another update:

I have been in Thailand for two months now....and what a two months it has been.  A few days after I landed the 7 Weeks in Asia team arrived and almost from the moment the got of the plane it was go, go, go.  We spent 7 weeks (hence the name) travelling around Thailand, India, and Cambodia.  we ministered everywhere from slums to churches, youth conferences and mountain villages.  We prayed for the sick, preached the gospel, cleaned jails, played with children, and built roads (literally and figuratively as we travelled around strengthening relationships with existing ministries and meeting many new ministry leaders).  It was a very busy 7 weeks and I believe they students we took on the trip where impacted as much as the people we ministered.  If you know anyone between the ages of 15-25 who would be interested in 7 weeks in Asia please send them to www.wmcontinuum.com where they can get more information.

After we sent the 7-weekers home we got ready to receive the VABC students as well as ministry leaders from Victory Asia.  To kick of the college year we host a region wide summit where ministry leaders from Pakistan, India, Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Myanmar, and Cambodia.  (I hope I didn't forget anyone.)  we are spending three days hearing from the different leaders and countries, getting updates about what everyone is doing in their home countries and getting impartation and encouragement from our more senior ministry leaders.

After Summit is over and we have sent all the ministry leaders home it is time to actually start the college year.  This year we have about 17 students from Canada, India, United Kingdom, Myanmar, Thailand, and Sri Lanka.  Five of these students are brand new first years, three are in their second year, two 3rd year students, and 7 are finishing up their degrees.  It is going to be a very exciting year.

My tasks with VABC for this year will include doing some office and administrative work as well as being something of a life coach for the students.  It will be my job to "help" get them up in the morning for exercises and bible reading, ensure all the students get to the school on time, and ensure things like chores, practical ministry, and room cleaning is done. I am not fully sure what my office duties will include yet, as I am taking over some responsibilities from another missionary here and she has yet to sit down and show me everything.

I will also be involved  helping the students with their English, helping the worship and church with their sound and multimedia, and there are a few other ministries that have mentioned an interest in having me help them.  It is going to be a very busy time, and it is true what Pastor Al says:  We always have room for ten more missionaries.

All in all I am very excited to be here and very glad to have a place to fit in with the team.  It is going to be an amazing first year.

Oh if you know of anyone who is interested in attending a dynamic bible college that puts you on the front lines of missions I strongly recommend VABC.

Finally, and I hate to ask again, but the reality is for me to be able to continue with the ministry here I do need more financial supporters, as several of the individuals who have committed sending me on-going monthly support must have forgotten.  My financial needs are about $1000 Canadian a month, this covers my rent, food and monthly travel expenses, as well as allows me to provide some immediate support for local ministries, and to save up money to cover larger travel expenses (travelling to other nations for ministry or a trip back to Canada every few years or so).  It should not be hard to get these funds.  Really if you, yes YOU sitting there reading this right now would commit to as little as $10 a month it could mean the difference between me eating this week or not.  And really what is $10 a month to you?  One dinner out (ha! yeah right), or two lattes?  But if 100 people just commit $10 a month I would have all I need.  I do not mean to sound like I am hard up for funds, I know God will supply all my needs.  But I just thought, why can he not use you to bless the nations by partnering with me.  As Paul says:  But how can they believe in Him if they have not heard about Him?  How can they hear about Him unless someone tells them?  And how will anyone go and tell them without being sent?' (Romans 10:14-15) And again John says: Beloved, it is a faithful thing you do in all your efforts for these brothers, strangers as they are, who testified to your love before the church. You will do well to send them on their journey in a manner worthy of God. For they have gone out for the sake of the name, accepting nothing from the Gentiles. Therefore we ought to support people like these, that we may be fellow workers for the truth. (3 John 1:5-8 ESV).  I am here ministering and helping to train students who will return to their home countries to preach the gospel and start many ministries, but we cannot do this with out help.  And while many of you cannot be here physically, you can send financial support to help these students fulfill their ministry dreams.  And because you chose to sow into this ministry you will reap: our successes are your successes, our ministries will succeed because you chose to donate.

Thank you so much for your time.  if you need more information about my ministry, World Missions Continuum, Victory Asia, and Victory Asia Bible College please contact me at tylerjohnthompson@gmail.com or follow the links found on: www.wmcontinuum.com

Blessings and peace be to you,
Tyler,
A Boy Wonder


The 7 weeks in Asia team takes a day to check out the ancient city of Angkor.


Over 130 leaders in attendance or our annual summit...God is doing amazing things in Asia, and you can be a part of it.