October update.

So another month has come and gone, it must be time for another update.

This month the students took a course on media in ministry where they learned how to use digital SLR cameras for taking photos and shooting videos.  Their "final exam" was to put together a 10 minute video similar in style to our "Continuum Episodes" it was quit fun to watch the students run around trying to get their shots, deciding on whose story they would tell, plan their episode and edit their videos, and I must say we have some pretty talented students.  I did not get to watch all their videos, but the few I did see were done very well.  Sawang and Lee-Anne are excellent teachers.

The students other course this month was on the synoptic gospels: Matthew, Mark, and Luke.  This course was taught by Pastor Dean.  The students enjoyed it, but I definitely had a lot more requests for help with homework for that course than many of the other courses they had taken so far.

One of my roles is to provide assistance to the students in regards to learning English as a second language.  All of our students can read, write, and speak in English, but sometimes they come accross words and concepts that they have not used before, so I provided assistance to ensure that they are able to complete their courses.  It can be a challenge sometimes, especially when I do not know what the teacher assigned in class, but we usually are able to achieve understanding and clarity.

Other than that, not much is going on around the school.  We are starting a course on Prayer with Barbara Billett, a  course on cults with Pastor Matt, and at the end of the month they are going to Hua Hin for a ministry trip...So going to be an exciting month.

At the end of October I joined Pastor Al on a trip to The Philippines, where we attended their national leaders conference.  Pastor Al was one of the speakers, along with Pastor Rich (who oversees all the Victory Churches in The Philippines) and Pastor Craig Buroker (a pastor from one of the Victory Churches in Calgary, he taught me in bible college).  It was a great time.  The conference was held in Baguio City, which is in the mountains.  It is something of a vacation spot (think Banff or Jasper), so when we were not in meetings we had the opportunity to take in some sites.  I had never been to The Philippines, except in transit, so it was great to be able to see some of the country.

That is all I have to share for now, I guess.  I hope you all are well, and thank you all for the support.

Tyler
A Boy Wonder.

Here are some recent pictures, all of them from my Philippines trip.



Breakfast the last day of the conference with Pastor Al, Pastor Craig, Pastor Rich, and his wife, Ning, and their daughter, Christine.



One of the last services of the conference.  I was told they were expecting about 250 attendies, We had about 400.


Pastor Craig is one of my favourite preachers.


The Philippines is a beautiful country.  This is the view we were treated to as we drove down the mountain from conference.

Labels: , ,