 |
| Golconda Fort Hyderabad |
Another month has come and gone, so it is time for an update, even if it is a little late. Here is what I was up to in April:
 |
| Easter Sunday, Kothagudem, India |
I began April with a two week visit to Team Leadership College International in India. I spent two weeks at the college teaching "Understanding and Applying the Bible." TLCI was started by one of the graduates from VABC in Thailand; Pastor Joseph. He attended two years of VABC and then returned to India, where—with the help of VABC—started a bible college modeled after the one here in Thailand. In three short years he grew the college from 12 to 60 students and they are expecting to have 80 students in total next year. God is doing amazing things in India and it is great to be apart of it. this was my second trip to India, the first being last summer during 7-weeks in Asia, and it was wonderful to be able to go back and visit the team there again. The students were so eager to hear what I was teaching, they would write everything down that I showed them and we would spend hours after class discussing things. I hope to have the opportunity to teach them again soon.
 |
| Pastor Joseph presents me with a gift from TLCI |
After my two weeks were complete in India I returned back to Thailand. The second semester wrapped up with a two week course: "Discipleship," taught by Dr. Ron den Otter. And then we had our commencement ceremony on April 26. We had 7 students receive their 4th Year Bachelor Degree in Christian Ministry and 4 students receive their 2nd year Diploma. After Grad we experienced our usual exodus of students and missionaries as many of our team return back to their home countries during the break. It gets very quiet around here in May and June.
 |
| VABC 2014-15 Class |
I myself will be returning to Canada for about 6 weeks. I will be leaving this week and will return before 7-weeks in Asia starts. This will mark one full year of working with the ministry here in Thailand. It is amazing to think that a year has gone by already, I am excited to return home for a short break, but am eager to start next year as there is going to be a lot of changes and my roles will be expanding.
 |
| The students tried to surprise me on my birthday |
 |
| Pastor Matt and me at the Grad Ceremony |
I want to thank everyone for their ongoing prayers and support. I could not be here with out you.
Tyler
A Boy Wonder