February 2016 Update


Each week we minister to over 30 different families through our Children's English Outreach



 Hello friends;

I hope you are well.

Things here are moving right along; and as usual, it has been a very active month since the last time I updated.

David and Lana Lead the children in some games
Our Sunday outreach continues to have great turn out and we have several families that regularly attend.  Even the other week in the "freezing cold" we still had about 30 kids come out. (OK, fine, it was like 15 degrees Celsius, but when you are used to plus 30; that is really cold.) We usually average about 50 kids a week, and we have really gotten to know the community around our dormitory; many evenings you can hear children calling out for their favorite teacher.


This last week (February 28) we had 103 children come.  We have also started connecting the families that attend the outreach to our local church and are seeing success with getting them connected to the church community.



The Jeep and Jungle Trips:  Two Staples to any VABC Year


At the beginning of February the students went with Pastor Al, Pastor Matt, and Pastor Becky up into northern Thailand to minister to the hill-tribes.  They had a great time and did some work projects for some of the villages, helped prepare a sight for a new church building; and, of course, they rode elephants.  (I wish I could have gone, but I had other responsibilities that kept me home.)


VABC Student Pray for Church members at one of the evening services.
The students organized a bucket brigade to bring sand from the river to the construction site.


We now only have two months left in the school year, many of the students are preparing for the trips home and are already planning on what is going to happen next year.  I am just figuring out what my summer is going to look like, but I will likely be coming to Canada for a few months.  Between now and then, though, we still have English Summer Camp, Graduation, and I will be teaching in Mae Sai.

That is everything for now.  I will update you again soon,

Blessings,
Tyler
A Boy Wonder

(Note: Photo Credits:  Kids Ministry-Continuum Media; Jungle Trip-Al Purvis)