|
| Hannah and I, on the host team for summit |
Well a new year at VABC is upon us, and a great year it is going to be. This year VABC has 21 students from Canada, Myanmar, Thailand, and Pakistan enrolled. So many young fresh faces eager to learn to be disciple-makers for Christ.
As we always do, we started this year with our Annual summit leadership meeting. This year was the best we ever had (of course we say that every year). All our national leaders were able to make the trip to Bangkok this year for our "family reunion." We spent a whole week in fellowship, getting updates on ministry projects, and to refresh the Victory Vision. As so many of our national leaders were classmates at VABC, Summit is very much like a reunion; we are part of one great big family with one purpose...reaching the nations of Asia for Christ.
|
| One of our services at summit "AD 61" How to keep preaching the gospel in an ever-changing world. |
 |
Dr Al Praying for the Leaders of the Victory Asia churches
(photo Credit Continuum Media/Alyssa Redner) |
 |
Pastor Prem from Nepal teaches on Resolve
We will not quit.
(Photo Credit Continuum Media/Alyssa Redner) |
After Summit we got into the swing of classes and the regular VABC routine, and Hannah and I got ready to move into our new house. I had found Hannah and I place to live not too far from the school, a place to call our own. It was quite amazing how I found it. I was driving the subdivision looking to see what places were for rent, and I found a house that had just been repainted and cleaned up. I took a picture of the number and had a Thai friend call the landlord. Turns out that I know the lady who owns the house, I taught her children English at a few of the different English camps we run.
|
| We got the keys to our house. |
It's a lovely 2 bedroom house that is just the right size for me and Hannah. We are so blessed to have found it. Of course, now we need furniture and all the things that go in the house. We had a small collection of furniture: bed, wardrobe, dressing table, small kitchen table and a fridge; but now we need some more sitting furniture and bookcases and the other things that make a house comfortable. We will get things as we can afford them, but right now we will be content with food to eat and a place to sleep. God provided us with a house, he will provide us with the things we need in it.
 |
| Our house (inside is still not organized yet) |
Finally, the astute may notice that I have changed the name of the blog. I felt that it was time to drop the "boy wonder" moniker. It was a nickname given to me years ago by a dear friend, but as life has changed I felt it's time to move on from it. Unfortunately, all the old links no longer work... I still have all my old blog posts archived here on this blog, but if you click on a "boy wonder" link it will not take you here, sorry for the inconvenience. I appreciate everyone who read and followed my blog, please continue to do so under the new name of "Tyler and Hannah in Thailand"
|
Thank You for Being Awesome!
|
I love and appreciate all of you. If you want more information about our ministry here in Thailand, please contact me. If you want to sign up to receive our blog post as an email newsletter click here:
Mailing List
If you would like to partner with us, please follow the give now links at
victoryasia.com